Last Date For Paper Submission of Special Issue : 25th August 2015
It is among rapidly growing technologies today, with its applications in various aspects of a business. Image Processing forms core research area within engineering and computer science disciplines too.Image processing usually refers to digital image processing, but optical and analog image processing also are possible.
Analog or visual techniques of image processing can be used for the hard copies like printouts and photographs. Image analysts use various fundamentals of interpretation while using these visual techniques. The image processing is not just confined to area that has to be studied but on knowledge of analyst. Association is another important tool in image processing through visual techniques. So analysts apply a combination of personal knowledge and collateral data to image processing.
Digital Processing techniques help in manipulation of the digital images by using computers. As raw data from imaging sensors from satellite platform contains deficiencies. To get over such flaws and to get originality of information, it has to undergo various phases of processing. The three general phases that all types of data have to undergo while using digital technique are Pre- processing, enhancement and display, information extraction.
If you have worked on any part of image processing prepare a research paper and submit to us
- Importing the image with optical scanner or by digital photography.The acquisition of images (producing the input image in the first place) is referred to as imaging.
- Analyzing and manipulating the image which includes data compression and image enhancement and spotting patterns that are not to human eyes like satellite photographs.
- Output is the last stage in which result can be altered image or report that is based on image analysis.
- Visualization - Observe the objects that are not visible.
- Image sharpening and restoration - To create a better image.
- Image retrieval - Seek for the image of interest.
- Measurement of pattern – Measures various objects in an image.
- Image Recognition – Distinguish the objects in an image.
Defense surveillance – E.g. Analysis of Spatial Images, Object Distribution Pattern Analysis of Various wings of defense. Earth Imaging using UAV etc.